Saturday, February 7, 2009

TWO TV MEMES!!

First, a fun one...


Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice:
"Friends," for sure. "Sex and the City."

Name a show you can’t miss:
I cannot miss "The Office." or "The Hills." *ducks*

Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show:
Fred Willard

Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show:
Hm. There are so many! Probaby Ray Romano.

Name a show you can, and do, quote from:
"Saved by the Bell." ("It's ME, dad. YOUR SON, ZACK.")
"Dateline: To Catch a Predator." ("Well, I'm Chris Hansen...")

Name a show you like that no one else enjoys:
Hm. There are so many! "Rock of Love Charm School"? "The City"?

Name a TV show which you’ve been known to sing the theme song:
"Golden Girls." It took me several years before I knew all the lyrics, but they were worth the wait.

Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch:
"Gilmore Girls." Even you, Steve.

Name a TV series you own:
"Charles in Charge." (for real! Worst purchase ever!) Also "Sweet Valley High: The Series."

Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting choices in television:
Sydney Pollack

What is your favorite episode of your favorite series?
Ack! This is too much pressure. I'm just going to have to pick from ONE of my favorite shows.
"Sex and the City": Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
I've seen it so many times, and I cry BUCKETS every time. When Aiden comes back to Charlotte's wedding? holy GOD. Sarah I. came over one evening when it was on, and we both just wept together the whole episode.

Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven’t gotten around to yet:
"Sports Night"

Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad?
Yes--just recently, "Bromance."

Name a show that’s made you cry multiple times:
Okay, I won't repeat myself from above. But I cry a lot, so I'll say...the family reunion episodes from each "Survivor" season. Also "Grey's Anatomy." Just about every time, there.
What do you eat when you watch TV?
Dinner, or cookies. Pumelos. Stuff that takes a long time to eat so I'm not just constantly inhaling calories.

How often do you watch TV?
Mostly every day.

What’s the last TV show you watched?
Caught up on "Deperate Housewives" and "The City" last night.

What’s your favorite/preferred genre of TV?
Hm. I'd say Romantic Comedy.

What was the first TV show you were obsessed with?
Give it up for "Square One TV"! Still absolutely love it and would pay good money for the series.

What TV show do you wish you never watched?
"Twin Peaks," hands down.

What’s the weirdest show you enjoyed?
I don't like weird shows AT ALL (see previous answer). But...I don't know, "The Surreal Life"? Because Vince Neil was in it.

What TV show scared you the most?
See above, "Twin Peaks." I can't take it.

What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched?
I'm gonna give this one to "The Office." Although "Phenom," a relatively unknown short-lived series from the early 90s, was effing FUNNY. Also "The Powers That Be," also a relatively unknown short-lived series from the early 90s.
SECOND TV MEME


1. Bold the shows you watch/used to watch regularly.

2. Italicize the shows you've seen at least one episode of.

3. Asterisk the shows you own on DVD (at least one season).
*okay, I'm sure I'm alone in this, but I think it's so irritating when I'm talking about some movie or show that I like to someone, and they say immediately "Oh, I OWN that!" So....so what? You paid $20-$50 for something I said I liked. Good damned job. Why are people are so proud of owning DVDs? I'm going to follow the rules here, but I don't like it.*

4. Post your answers.

This list, upon a first glance, strikes me as extremely sci-fi-centric. So I'm already at a disadvantage. I wish this were a "trashy TV meme" or a "Useless Sitcom Meme."

50. Quantum Leap
[I think I *would* like this. It's been on the tail-end of my Netflix queue for like two years. There's always something better, though.]
49. Prison Break
[He's hot, but...nah.]
48. Veronica Mars
[COME ON NOW, SUGAR! Bring it on, bring it on yeah! Best theme song EVER!!]
47. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
[Good LORD]
46. *Sex & The City*
[One of the best. I'm naming my next pet Stanford Blatch.]
45. Farscape
[Nonononononono]
44. Cracker
[This is Hagrid, right? I do like Hagrid.]
43. Star Trek (TOS)
[ANOTHER one??]
42. Only Fools and Horses
[I have never heard of this one ever.]
41. Band of Brothers
[War, no thanks! Plus, is this really a series? It's a MINI-series, right?]
40. Life on Mars
[Cop show. Bleh.]
39. Monty Python
[Don't get it. Just don't get it.]
38. Curb Your Enthusiasm
[GOD, who can stand to listen to that VOICE for more than two seconds in a row? It's whiny with a side of sinus infection.]
37. Star Trek: The Next Generation
[Just no.]
36. Father Ted
[What? Some British thing?]
35. Alias
[Might be interesting, but I can't be bothered. Plus I think Jennifer Garner, not unlike Hilary Swank, is uggo. Though she was adorable in that "13-30" movie.]
34. Frasier
[Mainly because it's the show before "Golden Girls" every night on Lifetime. Roz, you slut!]
33. CSI Las Vegas
[Well, it's not CALLED "Las Vegas." It's too gross for me to watch much of, but if I watch the first few minutes I often can't stop.]
32. Babylon 5
[More sci-fi...]
31. Deadwood
[Eh.]
30. Dexter
[ABSOLUTELY NOT.]
29. ER
[Ah, those college breaks when Em & Sarah would come over to watch Must-See Thursdays on NBC!]
28. Fawlty Towers
[I'm sorry, but I generally just don't get British comedy. I do try, but only "As Time Goes By" and Eddie Izzard satisfy me. And anyone who says the British Office is better than the American one is pretentious. But I totally judge people when they probably shouldn't be judged.]
27. Six Feet Under
[The DVD-series set is in the shape of a gravestone with a grass-turf top. Love, and want. But I'd prefer the Brady Bunch series with a shag carpet-top.]
26. Red Dwarf
[I don't know. Sounds sci-fi. Or fantasy. Both of which are no-nos.]
25. Futurama
[Generally not a fan of animation for adults. Or sci-fi.]
24. Twin Peaks
[Don't remind me. *shudder*. I've seen and hated every episode. So very very creepy.]
23. *The Office*
[Favorite scene: when Pam's mom comes in, Season 2, and she whispers to Pam "so which one is Jim?" Pam says "Shut up, Mom!" and the camera focuses in on Jim, who, having overheard, gives a tiny, hidden half-smile]
22. The Shield
[I do not watch shows about good cops OR bad cops, Chiklis.]
21. Angel
[No, thanks.]
20. Blackadder*
[kinda. Dad bought it for The Family.]
19. *Scrubs*
[Who doesn't love Scrubs?]
18. *Arrested Development*
[Neil and I began watching it 2 years or so ago, but were waylaid by...something or other. I didn't love it, and I expected to. Now that Michael Cera makes me weep with all the cute, I'll probably try it again soon.]
17. South Park*
[kinda. The movie, and two Christmas Specials DVDs. Hate Cartman, though.]
16. Dr Who
[Tried it the other night on BBCAmerica. Too weird, and oddly fake.]
15. Heroes
[Sigh. No. I might even like it. But it looks like there's blood sometimes.]
14. Firefly
[No, sounds sci-fi. But I really like the looks of the one dude, Jennie Garth's husband? You know? He was in Twilight with terrible blond hair?]
13. Battlestar Galactica
[Sci-fi, so no. BUT, I just figured out why the one main guy looks so familiar when he's on EW covers--he was Bridget's best guy friend in "Bridget Jones"!]
12. Family Guy
[It has become a staple rerun in our home, and I love all the musical parodies. Sometimes my jaw drops open purely from the intricacies they follow from musicals. I don't love the characters, really, but it's such a clever show that it doesn't really matter.]
11. *Seinfeld*
[I hate when people are proud to admit they have never seen an episode of Seinfeld in their life. Congratu-damn-lations.]
10. Spaced
[Um. What?]
09. The X-Files
[Not by choice. Some were okay, like when Jesse L. Martin was the alien baseball player, but most were terrible and disturbing and I've never forgotten them. This is why I can't see scary movies, people! I WILL NEVER FORGET THE INCEST EPISODE OHMYGOD.]
08. The Wire
[Heard it's good. EW is obsessed with it. And I'd be mildly interested in seeing Tristan Wilds in something other than 90210.]
07. *Friends*
[Abso-tutely! I don't know that I like it more than The Office, but we were BFFs for all ten seasons.]
06. *24*
[Neil's a fan, and I watched an episode with him. Also the first episode, way back when. It's exciting, but I get confused, and there's a lot more torture in it than my delicate sensibilities can handle. Pretty low threshold, there.]
05. Lost
[Nope. And Greg Grunberg gets FAR too much screen time in anything.]
04. The West Wing
[No politics, thank you!]
03. The Sopranos
[Most of Season 1]
02. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
[The musical episode. Otherwise: Too Scary.]
01. The Simpsons
[Entirely against my will. Every night after dinner {4:30! FAR too early!}, our group of friends in college freshman year would gather in James lounge to watch Simpsons and Jeopardy. I never liked it. But I didn't hate it, so I stayed.]

No comments: