Saturday, December 6, 2008

Two more fun ones!

1. Five names you go by

G (Neil's family)
Gen (My family and select college friends)
Genny (Folks who met me pre-college call me this)
Genevieve (Everyone since, but not including, college days)
Geneve? Geneva? Guinevere? ((I'll answer to them, because it's inevitable my name gets butchered at least once a month.)

2. Three things you are wearing right now:

A soft v-neck navy blue sweatshirt
My favorite pair of artfully faded and frayed blue jeans
Purple and silver Asics tennis shoes

3. Two things you want very badly at the moment:

-To be done with this insane work schedule
-To have absolutely nothing to do. No manuscripts to read, no gifts yet to purchase, no bills yet to pay

4. Three people whom I would like to see fill this out:

I dislike these questions. So I'll substitute one:

[4a]. What do you see outside the nearest window?

A cute little courtyard with two trees, brown leaves barely hanging on. Birds in large groups taking flight overhead. A guy in a stocking cap climbing a split-rail fence. Weird.

5. Two things you did last night (Friday, 12/5):

Watched the "Yankee Swap" episode of The Office. Talked to Emily for like three hours--heaven!

6. Two things you ate today:

Ched'R Bites with Ranch (Sonic). Two Chocolate mint chip cookies I made last night.

7. Two people you last talked to on the phone:

Lily and Emily.

9. Two longest car rides:

To L.A. and back, last spring. Technically the longest I've ever been on, but I did zero driving so it wasn't bad. Driving to Ohio takes 14 hours, even though it should take 11. It kinda sucks.

10. Two of your favorite beverages:

Sunkist Sparkling Lemonade

Catawba sparkling grape juice



AND ANOTHER:
Put asterisks around the things that you have done.

*1. Started my own blog*
-I have three!
2. Slept under the stars
-I'm much too controlled-environment for this one. But I have camped.
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
*8. Climbed a mountain*
-Porcupine, behind Grandma's house.
9. Held a praying mantis
*10. Sung a solo*
-Never again, my friends. Musical Productions ended senior year. Oh, wait--I sung a solo for "Bye Bye Birdie" a few years ago.
11. Bungee jumped
-HYEALL no.
*12. Visited Paris*
-Horrid trip. Regret almost all of it.
13. Watched lightning at sea
*14. Taught myself an art from scratch*
-Does scrapbooking count as an art, if you're not that good at it?
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
-Dammit, Empire State Building
18. Grown my own vegetables
-No, but I picked Dad's carrots before they were fully grown and he got mad. They were soooooo good, though!
*19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France*
-See above Paris trip. She wasn't such a big deal.
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
-I dunno, maybe. With the Diggs kids, probably.
22. Hitchhiked
*23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill*
-Anyone who doesn't say they've done this is a damned liar.
24. Built a snow fort
-I saw these snow-shapers in a catalog recently where you could scoop snow into them to make snow fort bricks. They looked AWESOME.
*25. Held a lamb*
-There's a photo of me in a green visor in the StL Children's Zoo, half-picking one up
26. Gone skinny dipping
-Always wanted to. Will if I ever get a pool!
27. Skied a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
*29. Seen a total eclipse*
-I think so. Is that with that cardboard thing we make?
*30. Watched a sunrise or sunset*
-Maybe not every second of it. But definitely every time I get a chance.
31. Hit a home run
-I was a very average softball player. But it was a good time.
32. Been on a cruise
-No appeal, really. I wouldn't say no to a free trip, but I'd rather go to a big city.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
-Eek, if New Madrid, MO doesn't count, I'd have no idea where to go.
*35. Seen an Amish community*
-Went with the Diggs to buy Christmas goodies one year. We'd just knock on doors and buy stuff. it was neat!
36. Taught myself a new language
-I signed up for an independent study Latin course, but never did it. I'd like to learn Spanish from Rosetta Stone, eventually.
*37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied*
-I wasn't 100% happy with life, but in Chicago right after college, I had no debt except student loans and was making decent money.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
*39. Gone rock climbing*
-Wasn't very successful, but I tried it.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
-In the car doesn't count, right?
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
-Someday, Egypt. Someday.
*45. Walked on a beach by moonlight*
-This was a terrible memory. Terrible.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
-does a caricature artist count? Girl Scout trip to Colorado in 1988, give it up!
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
*50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris*
-It was a foggy, foggy night with zero visibility. Stepping outside onto that roof was one of the scariest moments in my life.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
-Have I really not done this? Man, I should.
53. Played in the mud
-I probably have, but I wouldn't have liked it. Oh, I took pottery lessons! Does that count?
*54. Gone to a drive-in theater*
-it's weird being cold watching a movie. Also weird shooing away bugs during "My Best Friend's Wedding."
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
-Does eBay count?
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
*61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies*
-For like...six years. I never did as well as Jennifer. When I started talking my parents into bringing the order form into their works, I cleaned up a little better.
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
-does "Picked from a garden as we walked home one day, then handed to me" count?
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
-Wish I could, but....*shiver*
65. Gone sky diving
-Can I get another HYEALL NO?
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
*67. Bounced a check*
-Once at Wal-Mart, once my rent check. Wal-Mart's so used to it, they don't even penalize you. They just try again in a few days.
68. Flown in a helicopter
*69. Saved a favorite childhood toy*
-You kidding me?
*70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial*
-There's a photo of me in a polo shirt and jeans standing defiantly in front of it.
71. Eaten caviar
-Yeah...no.
72. Pieced a quilt
-T-shirt quilt, someday.
*73. Stood in Times Square*
-Forever. Forever I could do that.
74. Toured the Everglades
*75. Been fired from a job*
-Twice! twice. I'm such a rebel.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
-I can't remember...no, I think we saw something else. The queen arriving home or something. It was stupid and crowded.
*77. Broken a bone*
-I always took great pride in my dramatic hitchhikers' thumbs. Now, I got only one good one.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
*82. Bought a brand new car*
-Just had it inspected today...clean bill o' health!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
*84. Had my picture in the newspaper*
-I was a *really* cute kid. Also I just got married.
85. Read the entire Bible
-Probably should. Lots o' lit references and Jeopardy questions I miss because I never have.
86. Visited the White House
-We went to the pool thing in front of it
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
-Are ya kiddin'? I can't even eat chicken I've cooked from raw.
*88. Had chickenpox*
-Scar on my upper chest
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
-I have jury duty starting this Monday...so the "jury's still out on this one." HA!
*91. Met someone famous*
-I collect touches but am usually too nervous to actually meet them. But I talked to Edward Albee for a little bit once.
*92. Joined a book club*
-then I dropped out.
*93. Lost a loved one*
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
-No, but I bought the first Milli Vanilli tape, so I could have been.
*98. Owned a cell phone*
-Jiminy Christmas, pump up the interesting on this one, k?
99. Been stung by a bee
-Just a wasp. Still sucks.
100. Ridden an elephant

1 comment:

Mary Victoria said...

Seriously one of my favorite blog ideas!!

Keep'em comin!!!