Thursday, December 4, 2008

25 questions...

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.

"next to you...But I swear, nothing, nothing happened. But" --Victor Bumbalo


2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you reach?

A cart of spanking-new books.


3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Ooh...The Hills aftershow, with Dan Levy, Eugene's cutie-pie son!


4. Without looking, guess what time it is:

5:58


5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?

6:02 (to be fair, I am *always* looking at the clock when I'm on a computer)


6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

It was "RockLobster"...now, just the whirring of box fans outside the office.


7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

I stepped out of the James Kilpatrick Information Center in Jeff City with Tom to walk out to our cars to go home. Well, for me...not so much home as more work.


8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?

Google Reader, where I found it on Sarah's blog. Before that...Facebook, to write on Emily's wall.


9. What are you wearing?

Khaki jeans, light orange corduroy snap-up shirt, brown heavy shoes (almost brogan-like), white socks, underwear, hair-tie, wedding ring.


10. Did you dream last night?

No, but I was scared at one point.


11. When did you last laugh?

Probably at something Tom or Brando said. Also perhaps Stephen Fry. Or maybe when Noah fake-laughed.


12. What are on the walls of the room you are in?

Cataloging instructions, Dwight K. Shrute, library posters.


13. Seen anything weird lately?

A woman brushing her teeth in the bathroom at work.


14. What do you think of this quiz?

It's all right. Better than some.


15. What is the last film you saw?

Oh, crap. Um...Enchanted? Not a big movie buff here. We've had our Netflixed Charlie Bartlett since at least August.


16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

Ugh, never mind, this quiz sucks. I hate this question. It just reminds me how far I have to go to be financially comfortable.


17. Tell me something about you that I don't know about.

I am terribly, terribly self-conscious. About every little thing you can imagine.


18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?

I like Sarah's, to get rid of money. But I won't steal her idea.
I'd like everyone to be equal: in status, race, orientation...from birth, so no one would have a chance to hate or judge. Cuz frankly--that stuff is taught. I don't like South Pacific, but I agree with the sentiment.


19. Do you like to dance?

Love it. In every form. And I'm all right at it. It makes me feel really good when I'm in a rare situation where I can learn more or let go.


20. Do you like cartoons?

No, no no. No. Except holiday animated specials and *some* movies. Otherwise no. My idea of hell is the Cartoon Network.


21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

Lucy, Alice...something with that "c" sound.


22. Imagine your first is a boy, what do you call him?

It's already picked out. See below.


23. Would you ever consider living abroad?

Yes, if it's in Bath!


24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?

Ack, when did James Lipton get here?



HMM. That was only 24. I apologize, everyone.

Wait, I'll just think of another one. Yes, that's the ticket...


25. What class have you done the worst in?

Intro to Shakespeare (D, then C when I re-took it because D's are failing at Grinnell).

No comments: