Friday, November 7, 2008

Odd Things About Me

From E. Lockhart's blog. She's a teen-lit author and has super-cool lookin' book covers.

Also...these aren't that odd. They're a bit quirky, but I've seen odder.

37 Odd Things About Me


1. Do you like blue cheese?

I do, especially in dressing form with buffalo chicken. However, I just read of a blue-cheese-cupcake recipe that I don't ever want to try.

2. Have you ever smoked?

Never, even when Alena did in 1st or 2nd grade and I would have done anything to make her think I was cool.

3. Do you own a gun?

Not even a fake one--unless you count the prop I kept from a high school play I was in.

4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite?

Grape or Cherry. Also, what's this 'was' business?

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?

Girl appointments, yes, because no one can find that comfortable. I get White Coat syndrome when they take my blood pressure and it's way higher before the stirrups than after.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?

They're a staple, especially on this diet. I eat 'em with hot dog chili and cheddar cheese sprinkled on top, then microwaved for 2 minutes. I don't want to ever know how they're made.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?

A Charlie Brown Christmas. Meet Me In St. Louis, if that counts as a Christmas movie. Christmas Eve on Sesame Street--another good one. Didn't like National Lampoon--sorry, husband.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?

Usually a cold Diet Coke or other caffeinated diet soda. But when it's cold, I'll do a double cup of coffee with sugar-free Da Vinci syrup, cream, and Splenda.

9. Can you do push ups?

I don't think so. I can do those girly ones, though, that they let us do in Summer Gym, where your knees are on the ground.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?

My marriage ring. I also love my silver Kewpie necklace from Poppy and the star sapphire ring that was Mom's.

11. Favorite hobby?

Scrapbooking--shopping, organizing, reading its magazines, and sometimes even DOING a page!

12. Do you have A.D.D.?

Ooh! The Hills is on. I'm hungry. Crap, I need to run the dishwasher before I leave.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?

Glasses on a rare occasion when my contacts are bugging me. They have green wire frames and my sister says I don't look any different with them on, thank goodness.

14. Middle name?

Lee, just like Mom's. Hers is cuter, though, because her first name is Peggy.

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?

There is so much to do around this house, and I'm blogging?

I'm hungry, but for what? Hot dogs? Cherry Kool-Aid?

What should I watch on the DVR next? Desperate Housewives looks juicy.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?

Coca-Cola Zero or Diet Pepsi with Lime; Water, 64 ounces a day; Crystal Light Natural Lemonade (I HATE Crystal Light, but oh lord is this good)

17. Current worry?

Money...always money. And if Neil's okay.

18. Current hate right now?

Sarah Palin. That Prop 8 didn't go as I had hoped. That I can't get up the motivation to thoroughly clean our place.

19. Favorite place to be?

Curled up reading on the Chair of Power over there; eating dinner out with friends or family; Paul's balcony

20. How did you bring in the new year?

Neil and I stopped to spend the night in a Marriott in Paducah, KY on our way home from Pigeon Forge. We went through a park that had a drive-through Christmas lights display, had delivery pizza in our hotel, and bought a cheap bottle of Spumante for midnight (from a drive-thru liquor store!). We watched TV until midnight, toasted, and he went to sleep. I watched fireworks out the window, and when Neil farted, he mumbled "fireworks."

The next evening, the 1st, we went to Dad's to celebrate Mom's and Lily's birthday, and had black-eyed peas and cornbread, as we always do.

21. Where would you like to go?

I've already answered this recently, so I'll think of something different...

Door County, Wisconsin; Pensacola; Giant Robot

22. Name three people who will complete this?

Zero people

23. Do you own slippers?

I do, but I can't really get into them. (Not that they don't fit, just that I can't get into them, like when I can't get into a new TV show or a book.) I hate having sweaty or hot feet, and even thick slipper-socks are too much. I just normally do regulars.

24. What shirt are you wearing?

Two: a black sleeveless shell I had on for work, and over that is a dusky blue long sleeved t-shirt. It's a little chilly.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?

No, they catch on my fingernails.

26. Can you whistle?

Yes...I used to do the Sweeney Todd whistle all the time, when Todd and Turpin are whistling together. Such a pretty tune for such a dark moment!

27. Favorite color?

Green...Lime, Apple, Olive, Sage...Forest has fallen out of favor since the 90s but I don't hate it...

28. Would you be a pirate?

No, I like to be at home, thanks.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?

"Anthem" from Chess; "Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'" from Oklahoma; "Sarah Brown Eyes" from Ragtime; "Moonfall," "No Good Can Come From Bad," "Don't Quit While You're Ahead," and "Both Sides of the Coin" from The Mystery of Edwin Drood; "Ribbons Down My Back" and "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" from Hello, Dolly!; "Love Song" and "Corner of the Sky" from Pippin; "Halloween" and "What You Own" from Rent; "Popular" from Wicked, "The Letter" from Billy Elliot; "On My Own" from Les Mis; "Unworthy of Your Love" from Assassins; "Giants in the Sky" and "I Know Things Now" from Into the Woods; "River in the Rain" and "Worlds Apart" from Big River; "Spark of Creation" and "The Waste Land" from Children of Eden; "A Fine White Horse" from Secret Garden; "I Remember Sky" from Evening Primrose.

I like musicals, you see. And it's not always in the shower, of course; just at home when no one's really around. I often wonder if my neighbors can hear, though.

30. Favorite Girl's Name?

A favorite? I don't know. I don't really like girls. Veronica's okay. Pretty, old-fashioned names like Lucy or Alice.

31. Favorite boy's name?

Weston Kermit. You're not naming your kid that, either: it's mine. It's also a family name, so I think I have dibs that way, too.

32. What's in your pocket right now?

Nothing, having things in my pockets bugs me.

33. Last thing that made you laugh?

Looking at old photos from Ridgeway a past teacher scanned and put on Facebook.

34. What vehicle do you drive?

A 2007 Toyota Corolla in Cactus Pearl.

35. Worst injury you've ever had?

I broke my thumb working at the Devil Theatre, Arrow Rock Lyceum, in the summer of 1998.

36. Do you love where you live?

Yes. Sometimes it's too hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter, and I hate that the rest of the state is soooooo Red, but I do love Columbia.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?

Two, one in the bedroom that doesn't have cable so I use it for videos/DVDs, and our huge one in the living room with all the good channels.

No comments: